Meet the School Governors
At Astley Primary School, our governors play a vital role in supporting the day-to-day runnning of the school and are committed to providing the highest standards of education for each pupil.
The different categories of governors on our governing body are:
- Foundation Governors are appointed to the governing bodies of voluntary controlled and voluntary aided schools to preserve the religious character of the school. In voluntary aided schools, Foundation Governors form the majority on the governing body;
- Parent Governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- Staff Governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- Local Authority (LA) Governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing body;
- The Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing body by right of the position they hold in the school;
- Co-opted Governors are appointed on to the governing body by the other members because they come from a specialist group, such as the business community or because they possess a particular skill which can contribute to the effective governance and success of the school;
- Associate Members are not actually governors but can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing body. They do not have the right to vote at meetings of the full governing body but may been given voting rights on the committees that they are a member of, but these rights can only be given by the governing body.
The different committees our governing body has are:
- Curriculum - A committee that looks at the standards of work across the whole school in each curriculum area.
- Resources - This committee deals with all aspects of Human Resources, the Financial Management of the school, premises and Health & Safety.
- There are also separate disciplinary and appeals committees which are convened if they are required.
If you have any questions you would like to ask, please contact governors via the School Office.
|Governor at another school|
|Peter||Archer||Foundation (DBE)||Vice-Chair of Governors||√|
|Liz||Bullock||Foundation (DBE)||Chair of Resources Committee||√|
|Sally||Fowler||Foundation (DBE)||Chair of Curriculum Committee||√|
|Marc||Stevenson||Parent||Chair of Governors||√||√|
|John||Jordan||Clerk to Governors|