At Astley School, we believe that the interest and support of parents in their children’s education is key to enabling children to make good progress and to become successful life-long learners.
Homework can help you and your child in the following ways:
- Homework reinforces and deepens learning.
- It allows parents to understand the requirements in each year group.
- Homework develops confidence and independence.
- Key skills (mental maths, reading and spelling) are practised leading to greater progress in school.
- Homework allows children to link learning to real life.
- It allows children to celebrate their achievements and progress with their parents.
- Homework fosters organisation and self-discipline.
This homework brochure aims to answer questions parents might have about homework and to enable a partnership between home and school to develop and flourish.
Please click here to view our Parents' Guide to Homework.